Sunday 27 April 2014

The Mysterious Cupboard Prompt #30 By Emma


 The Mysterious Cupboard

 I sat there ready for a mystery to solve.

A lady then came in. Madam Selve exclaimed, “There is a strange sound in my cupboard!” I ran outside and drove off to Madam Selve’s home and when I opened the cupboard door there were millions of rats. It was an infestation of rats so she had to evacuate the house, Just so I could have a look. Madam Selve had a rat, he escaped, he had party and they could not get the rats out! When I opened the door they were finally free to go home. Well that’s another case solved by -Detective Emma.

By Emma

1 comment:

  1. Hello Emma,

    I enjoy a good detective story and your story I enjoyed. You weren’t looking for stolen goods, lost people or criminals. You had a mysterious cupboard revealing a problem with rats. It makes you wonder if the rats were only there for a party. Well done. :)

    I can see the care you in spelling and punctuation, particularly your correct use of an apostrophe of possession in “Madam Selve’s home”. The only error I noticed was one I think you simply missed when editing, that is the use of a capital "J". Again, well done.

    Have you taken the opportunity to visit the entries of students from other schools? It is interesting to see how others have approached the prompt. Don’t forget to leave them a comment if you do visit.

    With your creative story ideas and writing skills, I hope you continue entering the 100WC. Perhaps another prompt will give us the chance to read what next happened to the party rats. We’ll have to see if Detective Emma has further cases to solve. :)

    Ross Mannell (Team 100WC)
    Teacher (retired), N.S.W., Australia

    ReplyDelete